Our vision for elevate61 is to help shape and empower Australia's entrepreneurial eco-system, leading to high value job creation and corporate and social growth for Australia.
Each year we select Australia's top B2B start-ups for the program and we were delighted to work with some great companies in 2017, check them out!
The 2017 elevate 61 program began with three consecutive days of intensive workshops facilitated by an US-based team of experts that have many years experience successfully launching companies in the US, building networks, generating revenue and raising capital. Key themes for the workshop included:
- Establishing your business in the US
- Developing a winning value proposition and pitch
- Enterprise selling: Who | What | How
- Building valuable networks
- Developing a structured path to fund raising
Two months after the workshops, we headed to the US for 10 days. The objectives for the trip were as follows:
- Increase participants understanding of the US funding landscape
- Develop participant's ability to approach and sell to enterprise buyers
- Build networks of potential advisors, clients and investors
Participants spent time in the entrepreneurial hubs of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City listening and interacting with VCs, Aussies who made the move to the US, industry experts and more. A full list of speakers can be found here. In New York City we were lucky enough to hear from David Rose, CEO of Gust and "Patriarch of Sillicon Alley". Check out his presentation here.
The US Tour was action packed and there are too many highlights to list here, check out the elevate61 blog for daily wrap ups!
The US Tour culminated with an Reception at Chinese Tuxedo, NYC’s newest Australian locale, attended by the participants and a special guest - The Ambassador of Australia to the United States, His Excellency the Hon. Joe Hockey. Check out photos from the event here.