elevate 61 runs from February 2015 through to the end of June. Below is a high-level schedule of what participants can expect.
When: 15 - 17 April 2015
We start with three consecutive days of intensive workshops including roundtables with seasoned entrepreneurs and opportunities for participants to connect with potential clients and advisors. Key topics include:
- Establishing your business in the US
- Developing a winning value proposition and pitch
- Enterprise selling: Who | What | How
- Building valuable networks
- Developing a structured path to US fund raising
Our international team of facilitators has many years experience successfully launching companies in the US, building networks, generating revenue and raising capital.
Established entrepreneurs and key figures from the Australian start-up eco-system will also take part in the workshops, to provide you with feedback on value propositions and pitching, and to share insights and learnings with you regarding their entry into the US.
April | May 2015: Advisor matching
We’ve developed a comprehensive selection process, which means that when you start the program we’ll have a deep understanding of your business and needs, so we can match you with the right people who can provide the right insights and expertise.
Our advisors are successful entrepreneurs from the global Advance community and KPMG Australia’s networks with US experience across a broad range of industries.
April | May 2015: Talent Bank
Participants will have the opportunity to select from a pool of talent for 2 x 1 hour sessions with an experienced KPMG Australia resource that can provide you with one-on-one learnings and insights tailored to your business.
The talent pool will cover many business topics and feel free to choose the area(s) most relevant to you.
The topics will cover:
- R&D incentives and grants
- Australian and US Tax Compliance
- Accounting compliance, book keeping and systems (e.g. Xero and Intuit)
- Australian & US immigration including migration and visas
- Business and growth planning
- Business strategy
- Australian & US tax issues including legal structure
- Marketing strategy
- Digital strategy
- Valuations & financial modelling
- Deal structuring
- Capital raising
- Product development & commercialisation
- IT security & systems
- Employment matters (Australia & US)
May: US Trip
When: 11 – 20 May 2015
Participants will have 10 days in the US to apply key learnings, to be immersed in the entrepreneurial hubs of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York, accelerate new market validation and qualify funding options with Fortune 500 companies and investors.
- Los Angeles: 11 – 12 May
- San Francisco: 13, 14, 15 May
- New York: 18, 19, 20 May 2015
When: 23 – 27 June 2015
Upon returning to Australia, participants will have the opportunity to share their experiences with fellow entrepreneurs as well as potential clients investors through the elevate 61 national roadshow.